debugger - attach to process does not work

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu May 25 07:30:03 UTC 2006

On Thursday 25 May 2006 05:51, David Nolden wrote:
> Hi, since the last version of the svn, I cannot attach to other processes
> anymore. Am I the only one who experiences this problem?
>
> I would search for the bug, but since the debugger doesn't work for me now,
> that would be really hard :)

Hi David,
things work fine on my end. Are you sure your tree is up to date? If not, can
you produce debugger log as I've explained recently and send it to me.

> @Vladimir:
> Maybe you've got an Idea what might cause the problem, since it must be
> something you've comitted since yesterday?

What precisely does not work. There's one change, revision r543945 that stops
KDevelop from showing current line indicator when gdb reports there's no
source. Maybe that's what happening. Do you see anything in framestack
widget?

- Volodya