code-completion, options

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu May 11 15:35:04 UTC 2006

Ok, I've given it another workover, and now it really works perfectly for
example with stl-classes. It's really good now, so I think about trying to
submit it into svn.

The only thing really missing now is the ability to configure the completion
through the project-options-menu.

The current options "include enumerations", "include global functions",
"include typedefs", "include types" are not used at the moment and I'd
propose to replace them with more useful options:
"evaluate template-parameters" this should generally shut on/off the
evaluation of template-params(default should be "on" since it alone doesn't
cost much performance)
"depth of return-type-evaluation in the completion-list": A dropdown-box where
one should at least be able to choose "none", "short", "complete", where
"none" means that just the raw type-strings are showed like before,
"short" means that types should be evaluated, but only shown when the result
is short(not implemented yet, but with the current complete evaluation the
list can become VERY wide with my complex test-cases :), and
"complete" means that the type is evaluated as far as possible(like I
currently do)
"depth of argument-type-evaluation in the completion-list": The same like
above, but for the function-arguments. Since there can be really many
function-arguments, this should be turned to "none" by default to respect
slow computers.

Maybe someone else could change the menu and the configuration-file for me and
tell me how to extract the settings? Currently I don't know much about the
KDevelop's GUI- und configuration-stuff.. for someone experienced in it that
just might be a few clicks and a few lines of code. :)

greetings, David

david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de