Project loading problems

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Jul 28 00:12:55 UTC 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 15:37, mwoehlke wrote:
> Before I start filing bug reports, I'd like to check here for any
> suggestions in being as helpful as possible.
>
> I just built KDevelop 3.3.91 (the most recent source tarball I could
> find). I have had several crashes while trying to load a rather large
> project. Are the backtraces helpful, or is there something I could do to
> provide additional information?

It would be useful if you could try a checkout of
anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kdevelop/3.4 and see if the crashes go
away. Backtraces would be interesting if you've built kdevelop with debug
information.

> Also, as it takes several minutes to load the project, I decided to
> throw callgrind at KDevelop to investigate why this is. Would anyone be
> interested in the raw output, or should I just summarize?

raw output of the callgrind output posted somewhere would be the most useful,
since then we'll be able to open it in kcachegrind, analyze it, and fix the
bottlenecks.

Thanks for the help!
--
Matt