KDevelop4 project file

mwoehlke mwoehlke at tibco.com
Thu Jul 20 18:08:59 UTC 2006

Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Thursday, 20. July 2006 18:43, mwoehlke wrote:
>> I can already imagine the headache this is going to create. "Oh, but I
>> wanted that setting to apply to ALL projects! You mean I have to close
>> my active project, make the change, and then wait five minutes while my
>> project re-opens?". It seems like we need to provide a way for the
>> configure dialog to let us pick to apply settings to the project, or
>> globally.
>
> K3b settings dialogs, anyone?
> That "Save User Defaults" and "K3b Defaults" buttons are exactly what this
> situation demands. [snip]

No, that wouldn't work... at least not as well as my suggestion. How
does KDevelop know which settings you want applied globally? If you have
a project with many settings you *want* different than the global ones,
but need to change one global setting, you can't. A mode that would flip
you to editing global settings would allow this.

Or, for that matter, you could do both.

--
Matthew
"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad... You must be, or you wouldn't