Project config and KMessageBox' dontAskAgainName

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 16:40:08 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 00:24, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On 1/20/06, Hamish Rodda <rodda at kde.org> wrote:
> > I don't mind what decision is made really, just so long as I have the
> > option not to be confronted with a dialog every time the debugger starts.
>
> Every time? We're not talking about every time, we're talking about
> the reasonably exceptional case where the developer attempts to start
> debugging without having previously built the code (this assuming we
> can detect this). This sure isn't how I work, except by mistake.

Ok, I was wrong, there is detection of the common case that nothing was
changed within kdevelop (at least behaviourally, I haven't seen the code).

While I would still prefer a configuration option along the lines of the
optional automatic rebuild which is available for the run case (and even
support a tri-state option whereby always prompting the user could be
selected), I could live with a dialog being presented where there are unsaved
files in the IDE.

Cheers,
Hamish.