tip?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Apr 19 14:37:09 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 11:22, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> Some minor points:
>
> On 4/19/06, Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org> wrote:
> > the ClassView, which is useless outside of C++.
>
> Technically incorrect. The ClassView works against the code model,
> which is language neutral. The ClassView works (should work) fine
> for, for example, PHP.

I was sure it can be used outside of C++, but I just simplified my
statement: Quick Open is more generic, while ClassView might be
specific to some language parts.

> Just to avoid confusion: 3, 4 and Alexanders' suggestion are the same
> thing - Extensions.

Oops, it seems I misunderstood your 3rd proposal, but yes, it's all
about extensions.

> If "I need a more elegant way for those two modules to communicate"
> means that you need bi-directional communication between the two
> plugins, I don't think we today have any suitable solution (except
> maybe through signals via Core).

It's possible with two interfaces in the lib for each plugin. But in
this particular case, I think one interface will be enough.

Andras