GDB/MI (Was: Embedded development)

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 11:39:04 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 11:25, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> > Cool. Anybody is planning to do that already?
>
> It is a fork of the cppdebugger. Of couse as all the other forks it is
> unsable and unmaintained :-)
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop/languages/java/debugger/
This debugger used stdin and stdout to read and write to the standard Java jdb
command line debugger. However, jdb is a complete basket case because if you
have a nested class, you are supposed to set breakpoints with a line number
relative to the line number start of the nested class. The .class files don't
contain the start line number of nested classes though, and so it was
impossible to get it to work properly. So jpda (is this propriotory?) or a
gcj/gdb front end are the only options - we've demonstrated that jdb doesn't
work in KDevelop.

-- Richard