SVN support in kdevelop 3.4

Mickael Marchand marchand at kde.org
Fri Oct 28 16:13:06 UTC 2005

Andreas Pakulat a écrit :
> On 28.10.05 15:54:26, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
>
>>On 10/28/05, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>the
>>
>>>subversion plugin needs to be reworked, such that it doesn't need to
>>>read the svn-url from the session file...
>>>

>>That would seem reasonable to me. Why would the svn-url be stored as session
>>data? It's not very likely to change constantly, is it?
>>
>>Very little apart from what files are open and view space layout fits as
>>session data, imho.
>

> Also all the settings from subversion are stored in the session-file.
> Hmm, should I try to write a patch for the subversion-plugin so that it
> reads the settings and url from the kdevelop project file? Or better
> leave that for the correct subversion-plugin-maintainer? Mickael?
>
> Andreas

all settings are user settings afaicr so we discussed with Alexander
iirc (a long time ago) and decided to leave them in session.

I don't think any settings has its place into the project.
even if the URL still is (or was) stored (which I don't think is still
needed if it's still is), it would be a user setting too (KDE developers
have different means of accessing the same server for example : https/ssh)

Cheers,
Mik