SVN support in kdevelop 3.4

Mickael Marchand marchand at kde.org
Fri Oct 28 16:03:07 UTC 2005

Andreas Pakulat a écrit :
> On 25.10.05 15:17:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
>>On 25.10.05 09:50:05, Mickael Marchand wrote:
>>
>>>secondly, I did not get any of these reports,
>>
>>I had some time yesterday and started to find the way how the vcs-plugin
>>is loaded... I found that the restoreProjectSession function in the
>>vcs-plugin is never called, but couldn't find out why (yet). This is
>>probably one main cause of all the trouble as now the plugin uses
>>svn+http://blah/blub as svn url, which of course doesn't work. The other
>>source of trouble I could identify is that the vcs-plugin has no means
>>of setting the base url via the UI and doesn't read it from the
>>.svn-files. I mean if svn info shows the url that is used in a working
>>copy, the vcs plugin or the svn ioslave should be able to get the same
>>information.
>

> I had some time today to check what's going on. It seems that the
> problem is, that the vcsmanager is loading the correct plugin after
> getting the projectOpened signal. Thus the subversion plugin doesn't get
> a restoreProjectSession call and the session-part for subversion is not
> read. I tried to implement a restorePartialProjectSession that "saves"
> the DomElement and execute pl->restorePartialProjectSession when the
> real subversion plugin is loaded. Unfortunately this doesn't really
> work - the QDomElement (even thoug copied via cloneNode()) is not
> accessible at that point.
>
> As I don't really know what I'm doing here, I currently can't find the
> "right" way to do this. Maybe it's possible to load the correct plugin
> already during initialisation of the vcsmanager, either that or the
> subversion plugin needs to be reworked, such that it doesn't need to
> read the svn-url from the session file...
>
> Andreas

well, as I said in one of the bug reports, the URL is a fake-one and has
to be a fake one (basically it's not used, it's just used to ask kio
scheduler to fire up a kio_svn slave)

the URL of the SVN server is always taken from the working copy (just
like the 'svn' command does).

if the ioslave crashes, the thing I need is a backtrace of it which can
be obtained by reading kdebase/kioslave/DEBUG.howto :)
make sure to also enable the kio_svn debug area (kdebugdialog).

Cheers,
Mik