Fwd: New project wizard template

Mathieu Chouinard mchoui at e-c.qc.ca
Mon Mar 7 21:14:08 UTC 2005

On March 7, 2005 14:39, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 06:45, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > > PPS: I like the idea of using xml format for templates because I can't
> > > stand reading "human-readable" ini files like we have now ;) but autogen
> > > usage is still questionable for me.
> >
> > is there anything technically wrong with using an .ini style format? if no,
> > we shouldn't replace it just because somebody doesn't like the format.
> It probably sounds that I dislike ini and like xml format but this is
> not true.
> I just want to state that ini format for kdevtemplate file is error-prone
> and instead of being "human-readable" and "human-writable" it
> is now "human-hard-readable/writable".
> That [FILE21], [MkDir4] doesn't look correct from my point of view.
> <file></file> is more natural.

the only advantages this proposition have is it's 2 buzzwords compliant: XML and interoperability.
now the question is do we really need to rewrite our template systems again just to please the anjuta guys?
look like to me  they will soon get a lot of "foie gras"
Mathieu
--
A man of genius makes no mistakes.
His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.