Dumping the source DOM?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Thu Jun 30 11:18:02 UTC 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 02:27, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I've been wanting to find time to explore this on my own, but right now
> > am not
> > able to do so.  I'm aware that KDevelop creates an internal DOM
> > representation of such things as C++ classes.  I believe that is a very
> > powerful design feature with a great deal of potential.  It's also buried
> > deep in the tangled woods of KDevelop's implementation.  Can a simple
> > commandline tool that could be run against a source file to produce an
> > XML dump of the the code structure be extracted?
>
> You probably should use a tool such as gccxml. At least it's based on gcc
> so might be more capable of parsing complex C++ code.
>
> On a related note, I'd really like it if KDevelop integrate with gcc's
> parser, and don't crash when importing C++ Boost ;-)
>
> - Volodya

Thanks!  That is certainly an impressive, if a bit incomplete, tool. If
nothing else, it reminded of how truly crude the concept of a translation
unit really is. :-)  I just happened to have #include <sstream> in the first
file I ran it on.  Yuck!  In order for it to be useful for my purposes, I
will have to figure out how to get it to restrict its output to the immediate
source.  I believe you are thinking of the absolute other end of the same
problem domain as I am.  If I understand, you are interested in the PCS for
Boost.  No?

I'm interested in the new method dialog and, etc.
--
Regards,
Steven