"compile file" problem

Łukasz Michalski l.michalski at ant.gliwice.pl
Sun May 18 15:13:06 UTC 2003

Hi,

Recently I have switched from kdevelop 1.4.1 (KDE 2) binary from Slackware
8.0 to 2.1.5 (KDE 3.1 from Slackware 9.0). I have compiled and installed
Kdevelop myself from sources.

Many things are improved I i want to thanks to developers for really grat
work, but I have one major problem - I cannot use "compile file" (shift+F8)
anymore.

I am using my own makefiles - no configure or other autotools. I have my
project organized in "kdevelop way":

In root dir:
F project.kdevprj
F Makefile
D project/

In "project" dir:
a.h
a.cpp
b.h
b.cpp
Makefile

When I press shift + F8 having a.cpp open in editor i got message:

gmake: Entering directory '/home/zork/sources/project'
gmake: Leaving directory '/home/zork/sources/project'
gmake: *** No rule to make target "a.o". Stop.

Compile file runs in wrong directory - it always try to run in main project
dir - no matter from where current file is. With old version there were
problems with this only if project had subdirs in source dir.

Is there any solution to this? Now I use workaround in top dir Makefile:

%.o:
	$(MAKE) -c project $@

But this is not a good solution. In Kdevelop 3 everything works fine but
currently it is alpha and I cannot switch to it yet.

Regards and thanks for help
Łukasz.