Classes , global function & variables support for perl in class viewer

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Sat Mar 29 14:20:05 UTC 2003

Hi Luc!

luc willems wrote:

>	Hello all ,
>
>For a long time i was looking for a good ide for programming in perl. When i
>noticed that the new kdevelop would support perl , i was curious and
>installed the alpha build to try it out.
>
>But when testing some perl packages with classes i noticed that there was no
>support for classes in the classviewer and the global functions wasn't
>working correctly if you defined 2 functions with the same name but in
>different packages.
>
>So a took all my curage and jump in the code to see if i could change this.
>And voila , here is a big patch that will give following things :
>
>	- perl classes ( yes , the exist . a little bit strange but it's nice)
>	- perl global function , considering the namespace of the package
>	- perl global variables
>
>If you like it , love it , need it , than please put it in the main tree.

Great patch! Applied to cvs. :-) Thanks a lot.

>I'm planning further things like adding new classes support , templates ,... .
>I'm dreaming on a good perl debugger and and mod_perl debug/development
>environment. I will see how far i get.

Yeah, please program more! :-)

>b.t.w. , anybody have a good tip on how to debug in kdevelop 2.x . whithout
>manually doing a make install to a temp directory. If i don't do this , a
>can't debug the parts/xxx files because the library files aren't found during
>startup.

If you don't want to 'make install' the libs, you need to add their
directories to shell environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
/etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig -v.
But why not make install. It works fine for me...

Cheers
F at lk