Gideon snapshot

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Wed Jun 25 14:46:02 UTC 2003

Caleb Tennis wrote:

>The "snapshot" release that I've put on the kde ftp site is intended to be
>"alpha5".  I just didn't name it "alpha5" because I thought we were starting
>to get too many "alphas". :)

Please, please name it Alpha5 Otherwise it will be a pain to deal with
the bug reports.

>Unfortunately, I think it has a few bad bugs in it and will probably need to
>be replaced with a different snapshot, or "alpha5a" if you will.

Nice that you didn't  name it Alpha5 :)

>If someone wants to handle bumping the version numbering in the source code to
>"alpha5", "a5" or something like that I'd be most greatful - my cvs on my
>development computer is completely messed up at the moment.  I'll then get
>the replacement "snapshot" set up in the next day or two.

I can do it.
The previous snapshoot was not named Alpha5, so the name is "free" and
we can use it for
the next release.
What files do I need to change? Can I TAG CVS ?

--
Amilcar Lucas