Problems at building the KDevelop-2.1.x

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu Feb 27 10:57:03 UTC 2003

> Platform: (ix86, SuSE 8.1) gcc-3.2, autoconf-2.53, automake-1.6.3,
> kdevelop-2.1.3, qt-2.3.2, qt-3.0.5
>
> I have followed the proposed build procedure for kdevelop-2.1.x at
> http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=branches_compiling.html
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library
You haven't said which your KDE version is but I'm quite sure you've got
3.0.3, right?
So you need to take care which kde-common cvs-module you check out.
KDE-3.0 users must do:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co -r KDE_3_0_BRANCH
kde-common
KDE-3.1 users must do:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co kde-common
Then you get a configure script which accepts a Qt version less 3.1.
Hmm...actually, kde-common should be fixed to accept Qt-3.0 if KDE-3.0 is used...

But it's our fault, the website is outdated concerning this, one must add
this additional information there. Earlier it was OK when KDE-3.0 was in the
cvs-HEAD.

Ciao
F at lk