Next Gideon release:

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Sun Feb 23 18:56:02 UTC 2003

I also think that it is too soon for a beta. I've been using Gideon for
two or three weeks now (8H per day), and I find it to be still in an
alpha status.
Reasons:

- Too many bugs in Autoproject part (so many that it is hard to keep
track of them)
- When you create a new project with CVS control, it does everything
correctly except  that it doesn't check out. Meaning that you have to
check it out manually or, create the CVS directories manually.

This two things make it a  alpha software, because you cannot even start
a new project.
Don't get me wrong, I love the program (otherwise I would not use it
EVERY day ;) ) and solved two small bugs myself, but it needs a alpha4
tag and not a beta1 tag.

--
Amilcar Lucas

             Institut fuer Datentechnik und Kommunikationsnetze
               Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas                  Tel. : +49 531 391 3751
Raum 1315                               Fax  : +49 531 391 3750
Hans-Sommer Str. 66                     Email: amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
D-38106 Braunschweig
           http://www.ida.ing.tu-bs.de/people/amilcar/home.e.shtml