New document switching mode (2)

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Mon Feb 3 00:01:03 UTC 2003

Hi, folks!

I have finished the implementation of the switching mode that allows
ordering the windows by the time they were last activated. It is either
possible to switch by opening order (the current default) or by last viewed
sort order. A user interface is available in the user interface setup.

This patch does not work together with original kdelibs v. 3.1, kate part
and IDEAl mode. The kdelibs-cvs contains a minor fix that fixes a kate
problem.

One QextMdi problem that drove me nuts but I could not fix it was that after
opening the project with windows in maximized childframe mode the children
are not maximized. However they get immediately maximized when clicking
into one ore selecting by switching to next/prev. window. It seems that the
windows are created when no TopLevel is available. Falk, maybe you could
have a look for this. Otherwise I would rate it as cosmetic ;)

What else is interesing for this patch? The accelerator for switching must
have a modifier key like shift, ctrl, alt, because a window is marked as
activated when this modifier is released after switching to a new view.
Thus something like F6, shift-F6 does not work. The reason is that we might
want to skip some views when switching to the next one so that we can
arrange the interesting views only one keystroke apart. I got rid of a lot
of "unnecessary" global accelerators and assigned the switching to ctrl-tab
shift-ctrl-tab.

Another thing that is not supported is the assignment of fixed accelerators
to views like Alt-1, Alt-2.

Have fun,
Jens

PS: Sorry Falk, but I fear that I have completely messed up your Qt-only
compilation mode of the qextmdi-library.