./configure --prefix fails

Jörg Rüppel asharky at uni.de
Mon Aug 18 23:24:04 UTC 2003

Hi there,

I always installed Gideon into my homedirectory configured with

./configure --prefix=/home/joerg/kdebin

which worked perfectly.

It fails since approximately a week, with this message:

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

Is there a way I can install into my homedirectory again without installing
whole of KDE to it beforehand?

The configure help states:

"You can specify an installation prefix other than `/usr/kde/cvs' using
`--prefix', for instance `--prefix=$HOME'."

So this is all about installation directory, not build directory or
include-dirs. Please help.

Regards,
Jörg

--
Jörg Rüppel
http://www.sharky-x.de

   Calculon: I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8,
   Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!