Search in class browser

Marcin Dec ced at ciapek.uci.agh.edu.pl
Tue Apr 15 21:54:02 UTC 2003

Hi

It's about my wisthlist's item. When I click right mouse button in editor
context menu appears. I've added new option to this menu: "Search in class
browser". When I click it, gideon searches "clicked" word in class tree and,
if he find it, rises "class browser", ensures proper item to be visible and
selects this item.

Roberto Raggi is currently working on new class store with "search support".
As he sad it's not complete yet. That's why my searching is very simple. It
just iterate through class tree items and compares items's text property with
"clicked" word. When it finds first matching item, gideon rises class browser
and shows this item. Communication between DocTreeViewPart and ClassViewPart
is done via DCOP, so I've added also DCOP support into ClassViewPart (files
kdevclassviewiface.h and kdevclassviewiface.cpp should be placed in
parts/classview directory, than you should generate *.moc file, using 'moc
kdevclassviewiface.h -o kdevclassviewiface.moc'). If Roberto finish new class
store (particularly this "search support") I will change my "search
mechanism". At the moment this feature is usefull only for class names,
variables and structs but not for functions.

I've never send any patch before. So I don't know if I do it correctly. I send
you kdevelop.patch file which contains the difference from cvs and two new
files with DCOP support for ClassViewPart.