gideon UI desintegrates

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 23:47:02 UTC 2003

--- "F at lk Brettschneider" <falk.brettschneider at gmx.de> wrote:

> I fear something has been messed up with KDock... in libkdeui.so
> during
> KDE-3.0.3 and 3.1.1.

But what can that be? Is there something I can do to debug it? It also
seems that this problem does not show when creating a C++ project from
scratch. Also, I use QextMDI for a project at work and it works fine
there.

Finally, are people using MDI or is everybody using IDEA? I cant
understand why the problems are not showing for more developers.

Falk, honestly, I have been thinking for a while that QextMDI could
maybe streamlined a bit. The toplevel mode does not make any sense to
me whatsoever while the classic childframe mode and tabbed modes are of
good value, especially for newbies. Is there any chance to get the
library updated and streamlined? Maybe integrated better with KDE?

Roland