Multi-GUI support

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sun Nov 17 16:04:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

On Saturday 16 November 2002 22:36, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> How the multi-gui style support is done on gideon ? I would really
> like to add it to my application (including IDEAI mode - I _love_
> this one) - and in fact I think it could be a Good Thing (tm) to use
> it in some other applications (like kpovmodeler for example).
>
> I checked the web page of QExtMDI. Found some informations but I can't
> figure if there is a support of IDEAI in it.

IDEAl is a SDI mode, it cannot handle more than one view per document. The
other modes are handled by QExtMDI, which does the document-view management.

If you want to use IDEAl mode, you should take a look at src/toplevel_sdi.h
and the lib/widgets subdirectory. Please note that the IDEAl mode is still
not 100% mature, so if you have any patches, don't hesitate to send :)

Best regards,
Harry