Gideon HEAD not compileable

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun May 19 22:53:04 UTC 2002

On Sunday 19 May 2002 5:04 pm, Peter Nimmervoll wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to compile (current) CVS HEAD I get this error msg:
> > In file included from classparser.cpp:26:
> > classparser.h:27: persistantclassstore.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> > gefunden
> > make[3]: *** [classparser.o] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/kdevelop/kdevelop'
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/kdevelop/kdevelop'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/kdevelop'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> IMO someone forgot to add a file.
This is a KDevelop compile error, not a gideon one. Compile with
--disable-kdevelop to build gideon.

The problem is that the KDevelop classparser in
kdevelop/kdevelop/classparser.h/cpp shares the same classstore as the gideon
classparser in kdevelop/parts/cppsupport/classparser.h/cpp. The common
classstore is in kdevelop/lib/sourceinfo/.

Recently Bernd has made some improvements to the gideon classstore, which
involved removing the persistantclassstore.h header. I thought that gideon
and kdevelop could share the classparser as a part in
kdevelop/parts/cppsupport. But when I compared the two C++ parsers, the code
completion seemed to have had some extra work done on it in the KDevelop
class parser variant, so merging the two didn't seem as easy as it first
appeared.

-- Richard