KDE_2_2_BRANCH closed now, KDevelop Roadmap

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 17:32:04 UTC 2002

Hi!

The cvs release tag for KDevelop-2.1 is done. Means, KDevelop-2.1 is
technically out now.
Seems to be a good version...
Let's wait for the packages and the official KDE announce.

That is why I want to have a confirmation in the KDevelop team about a
roadmap for the next weeks:

1.) KDE_2_2_BRANCH is now closed for further development
2.) all further changes on KDE_2_2_BRANCH will get into KDevelop-2.1.x
versions.
3.) each commit to KDE_2_2_BRANCH requires a sent patch to
kdevelp-devel at kdevelop.org and the OK of at least one KDevelop core
developer. (Just to keep the stability and KDE2 portability)
4.) All feature commits will be rejected
5.) KDE-3.0.1 will release KDevelop-2.1.1

6.) The next KDevelop version is 2.2 made from KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH which
is for KDE3, only
7.) We will not release KDevelop-2.2 with KDE-3.1, if it isn't as stable
as version 2.1. In that case we don't want to get bundled or give them
just another bugfix version of 2.1
8.) We need a roadmap for what can be adapted from Gideon to get a
stable KDevelop-2.2 as soon as possible.

Everybody, please, confirm to (or deny) these with your reply to the
list.

Next, I would like to update www.kdevelop.org with these decisions.

Cheers
F at lk