gdb usage hint

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 23:09:05 UTC 2002

Hi,

Jens Zurheide wrote:

>Finally I can try to track
>down the reason why kdevelop sometimes gets slower and slower and finally
>nearly stops responding. The problem is that this bug has to occur once
>again.

The problem is the clipboard. For its own impossible reasons it grows
bigger and bigger but only sometimes. The processing of the huge
clipboard contents in every update of KWriteView slows down KDevelop
very much. The time as I stopped KDevelop in such case, the clipboard
contents was several Megabytes.
I don't know why the clipboard contents grows to that huge size
sometimes. :-(
If you can find this reason and maybe fix it, you will be very cool. ;-)

Ciao,F at lk