[kvim-dev] RE: team interview

Jonathan Wakely cow at compsoc.man.ac.uk
Tue Jun 18 17:26:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 03:02:24PM +0200, Philippe FREMY wrote:

> We should do a little survey here. Guys, here,
>
> 1. do you use only one window to edit all your project files and keep
> switching buffers ?

Not often, but occasionally.

> 2. do you have multiple windows to edit the different files of your project
> ?

Yes, I usually have 2 or 3 vim sessions going, with some split into 2 or
more windows.

> 3. do you have multiple windows opened on the same file ?

Never.
Unless you count split-windows in vim. If I want two views on a file,
I split the vim window.

> Note that vim can have a splitted window which could handle case 1 and 2 for
> me. You can split horizontally and vertically, as many times as you want.

yes, this is what I do when I want multiple views on the same doc.

Document/View seems very MS windows to me, not at all how I work.

Just my 2c

jon

--
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone,
 but they've always worked for me."