How to make a RPM

Shridhar Daithankar shridhar_daithankar at persistent.co.in
Mon Jun 10 12:12:04 UTC 2002

On 10 Jun 2002 at 11:29, andreas.nebgen at acterna.com wrote:
> I made the KDevelop 2.1.1 Version on KDE 2.2.2 on RedHat Linux.
> I made "make" and "make install" and have it running.
> Good for me because I will do crosscompiling!
> If you tell me how to make a binary .rpm package I can send it to you!!

You can use
http://freshmeat.net/projects/checkinstall/?topic_id=46%2C41%2C147%2C257 to
start with so that you can come up with an RPM.

It doesn't do any dependency checking etc. So in next step you have to tweak
the spe file for RPM. IBM developerworks has some good tutorials on making
RPMS.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
"On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT"(Submitted by Ramiro
Estrugo, restrugo at fateware.com)