Minor changes/fixes to kdevelop-2.1

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Sat Feb 2 11:00:07 UTC 2002

jbb wrote:

> Can someone check that the folloiwing changes/fixes work on kde-2.x as I only
> have kde-3 now.

 my system: suse 7.3 / kde 2.2.1 / kdevelop 2.1 from cvs + patch
     GNU gdb 20010316

> 1/ Remove (3) from manpage so that -
>         - you are presented with a choice if there's more that one page in
>           different sections for the same item. (eg printf 1 and printf 3)
>         - you can enter the section in the manpage dialog (if you want)
>         This relies on the khtml part dealing with it - I'm unsure if kde2.x will do
> this correctly.

works here

> 2/ Fix parsing qstrings when using current cvs gdb (could be in 5.1 as well).
> The gdb output for qstring values has changed slightly causing the string to
> be displayed incorrectly.

doesn't work ;-(
qt2 doesnt understand {1,3}
btw: i don't think its correct either:
if there is a string like
  QString tst("abcdef\001g");
your replacement would show it as "abcdef1g"

Gustl
August Hörandl                           august.hoerandl at gmx.at
all rights reserved; the company is not to be held responsible for any
crashes, malfunctions or whatsoever; if you don't like blue screens,
get a program which changes them into another colour (or try linux).