Code completion, code hinting, code browsing

Thomas Schilling snuffeler at gmx.net
Thu Oct 25 21:25:02 UTC 2001

Uhm, I didn't find the file you ment (cppsupport/...) I even don't have the
parts-folder.

Anyway.
I'm working on another approach to implement the parser (I hope that won't
be a bigger problem since you said that the progress is not so far, yet). I
try to use spirit (http://spirit.sourceforge.net/). It's a pure template
library for creating parsers upon a give EBNF syntax. So I currently
struggle a bit with these 3-lines-long type names in the compiler error
messages (since they use "compile time polymorphism", that's kind of
recursive template using). The other problem I have is to create a useful
EBNF of C++ with which you can perform useful reactions on some occurences.

My plan is to create a C++ parser class, thus could be called "KCppParser",
that has a (large) number of virtual functions to customize the behavior
(e.g., onFoundClass(name)). The exact way to do that is not clear, yet.
Another possibility is to create XML output. This could then be used as
input for a (back-end) module that stores this into a database or so.
What are your ideas?

I now have some (Computer-)free time to think about my EBNF ...

Bye

Thomas

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«