ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 2.0.2 out now!

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Nov 24 22:22:02 UTC 2001

On Saturday, 24. November 2001 20:03, you wrote:
> Harald Fernengel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > - TabPage MDI mode got accelerators Alt+0...9 for view switching.
> >
> > This clashes with our bookmarks.
>
> Oh, I wasn't aware of that. It wasn't shown in the accel menu of the
> kdevelop settings.
> And last but not least nobody complained although the fix is even
> several weeks old.
>
> > Until now you could easily jump between your
> > bookmarks using the Alt+0...9 keys. Maybe we can add a switch to go back
> > to the old behaviour? What about CTRL+0...9?
>
> Ctrl combinations are often used by global stuff.
> Better is Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift.
>
> I suggest to keep Alt+Numbers for view switching since that has been
> 'standard' in most other IDEs. How about Alt+Shift+Numbers for Bookmark
> switching? What is actually the accel in MSVC? I always like to be
> similar to standard IDEs.
I would be in favour for this also. I had a look I think a year ago when I
resorted the accels for 1.4 and discovered that we don't have matching
actions so this doesn't work out in all cases. And then, those that differ
from what VC has, would get shortcuts that are far worse for a quick usage.
Maybe we should do another comparison with the .NET version. Could the one
that wrote a wrapup review do that and maybe fill in the table that we have
in CVS ? I had Ralf Funken to do that html table so that we can keep track of
double shortcuts and have a document that one may print out or which can be
used to write documentation easier.

Ralf