[KDEVELOP_1_4]: May i put a dialog into docViewMan?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri May 11 22:31:00 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Falk,
> do you think it is a good idea to have pointers to dialogs (like
> grep_dlg and ctags_dlg) that are currently member of CKDevelop move to
> docViewMan?
>
> I believe that's more where they beling since these dialogs are
> completely document/view related.
>
> I've had to do some funny stuff to connect a signal from CEditWidget to
> a slot in my ctags search dialog implementation.

Roland, I don't think this is a good idea. You should call methods from
the grepdialog towards opening the according file and go to the line you
want to go and those dialogs are called from the IDE directly which is
the reason for the pointers. Please, try to avoid abstracting those
pointers somewhere else where they don't belong :-)  Better is to
forward signals to the IDE and then back to where you want to go. You
can connect a signal with a signal again and then connect the second
signal with another slot for example. See the classtree RMB popup how it
forwards the entries to the statusbar help.

Ralf

--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org