adding QextMDI to kdevelop.kdevprj as new shared lib project

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Mon Mar 5 02:13:39 UTC 2001

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:17, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to join the QextMDI sources from the cvs main trunk to the
> > KDEVELOP_1_4 branch. What I don't know is: how do I add that library
> > project to the kdevelop project. What are the files to edit?
> > configure.in.in, Makefile.am? Or can I do it via KDevelop itself?
> > I haven't got much experience with those things 'cause I usually work
> > with custom projects. :(
>
> Just give it a try. AFAIK kdevelop 1.4 (2.0) is a kde2_normal thing that
> only edits configure.in.in as in kde2 projects configure.in normally is
> created using admin automatically, so you just have to add a Makefile.am
> for your subdir. Adding the files with kdevelop will add an entry in the
> underlying Makefile.am's subdirs line for your subdir and create a
> static library. I think here you can leave it as a static one as it is
> loaded anyway.
>
> Don't hesitate to comit because if something goes wrong John and I are
> there to fix the build system.

Isn't it just a case of creating a folder then importing the code into that?
Anyway use kdevelop, if it doesn't work out correctly, then we should think
about how it should be done. It might take a couple of goes before you learn
what needs to be done but that's ok :-)

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«