KDEVELOP_1_4: fix for a crash and kdevprj

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Jun 29 21:04:50 UTC 2001

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 06:54, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I just checked in a fix for a crash in the classtree. When you click on
> the class item in the tree kdevelop was crashing immediately.
> Embarassing if that happens during a demo I can imagine. So there you
> go.
>
> Still there is something wrong with this. Someone else should have a
> look. I guess something is supposed to happen/not happen, when you
> click on the icon. I dont have a clue (like most of the time).

hmm - why is this happening now? it was working yesterday (wasn't it?) - is
this on solaris or linux? I'll have a look...

> Also, I adapted the kdevprj file to the changes John made (moving)
> ctoolclass.cpp and ctoolclass.h from setup to the main directory.
>
> Now you can, load the project, hit update all Makefile.am, then leave
> kdevelop and build it from the commandline again.

Yes - sorry about that. Thanks for fixing.

> I am tempted to backport Bernds Makefile.am based project management.
> Falk, I though about this a bit, the idea isnt all that bad after all.
> The fact that you cant finetune compiler options, linker options,
> include paths and such still sucks but it is already better as what we
> have now.

Well, I know it'll be fun for you but it would be bad to try and get it into
this version. I'm sure you're not thinking about doing that now, are you :-)

btw the back button patch had a minor bug. The first back goes back to the
file you are on. However is this patch worth continuing with? - for instance
with mdi tab mode just click on the file you want to see :-) The only
advantage is you can back up through files you've closed but I don't think
that's sufficient justification or...?

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«