RPM Part for KDevelop 3.0

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 09:04:42 UTC 2001

On Friday, 20. July 2001 17:39, you wrote:
> Greetings,
> 	I am porting my RPM support from KDevelop 1.4 to 3.0 but I have some
> questions.  Should I limit this part to just the RPM or should I make this
> a full project packaging and distribution part.
Full, please. Adding deb support would do us some good as well. Ah, and ipkg
for Qt/embedded, but more on this later this year :)

> What I was thinking is a part that will create a tgz, rpm and srpm (and
> maby dpkg on a debian system)  along with a html web page that provides
> information on the project.  This would enable someone to then upload this
> directory containing the source, packages and html information to a web
> server for easier distribution.   I have also been kicking around a project
> publishing method that would notify apps.kde.com when this was all
> published to a web site.
cool idea. Maybe we could rely on automating project instanciation at
sourceforge including project import via CVS. But that very much depends on
how long sourceforge is going to be continued :)

> My thinking here is I want to make it very easy and convienent for first
> time developers to get there software into KDE and get exposure to the
> community. I feel KDevelop allows developers to get started on the KDE
> platform.  I think it is natural that we should make extentions to help
> users get there work noticed.
upload.kde.org is the ftp site that you can use in any case for distributing
packages in case you have no website. When your dcop scripting works for all
actions, you could also send a mail to pour at kde.org with a link to add your
packages to apps.kde.com :)

> This is all ideas now, but I am looking for opinions and other ideas so
> that I can make a feature that is useful to people other than me :)
>

> cheers
> -ian reinhart geiser

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«