current KDevelop from CVS doesn't compile properly any more

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Mon Jul 2 07:58:08 UTC 2001

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:49, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> -g3 -O0 is set in kdevelop.kdevprj but the compilation doesn't care
> about that.
> I just did:
>   make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean
>   make -f Makefile.cvs
>   ./configure --enable-debug --prefix=/opt/kde2
>   make
> but it compiled with -g -O2.

Hmm - that's odd - I get
-g -O2 -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wwrite-strings -O0 -g3 -Wall -DGDB_MONITOR -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
-c doctreeview.cpp

Where the "-g -O2" came from the admin stuff AFAIK, and the "-O0 -g3" is
added by us via the cxxflags. I don't know why the admin stuff wants to add
that first "-g -O2", but ours come after them, so they win.

Doing a cvs-clean and configuring without using --enable-debug gives
-O2 -O0 -g3 -Wall -DGDB_MONITOR -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new  -c
docviewman.cpp

I then changed the flags and compiled within kdevelop. The flags were changed
correctly.
Changing them again and compiling _outside_ of kdevelop just in case this was
a problem but it all worked fine here :(

So I'm unable to explain it. Perhaps a cvs-clean will fix things for you?

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«