branch for kdevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Aug 7 23:31:07 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, 8. August 2001 00:20, Roland Krause wrote:

It should be noted however, that the main development *IS* gideon/HEAD, not
KDevelop 2 any more. If someone wants to write patches to that or additions
to a "dead" branch, I can't keep anyone off to do that. So if Roland is
maintaining that inside the CVS, I'm fine with that and another KDevelop
bugfix/feature release can be officially  done to support the companies and
developers who need a fully operational system right away. For new developers
though who want to work on kdevelop, I suggest to work on gideon. I myself
will stick to gideon now as well as the 2.0 release was the deadline and will
be the deadline for the old branch as far as the "big thing" (tm) goes.
So there's actually not a splitting, Roland just wants to spend some time
hacking up stuff that he thinks didn't get ready for 2.0 and put that in
place. Whatever everyone pleases.

Ralf