New TODO list for 2.0 (23/04/2001)

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 17:56:55 UTC 2001

Falk, friends,

I think I will have time to look into the "changed outside the editor"
problem.

Additionally I will complete the ctags support. I am missing mainly UI
things for it.

First, the "Make ctags", "Load ctags" menu items shall go away. It
doesnt make sense for the user to be even bothered by this. The user
shall be able to say if he wants ctags support or not, maybe later say
if he wants to generate tags files for system libraries, qt, kde and so
on. This can all be done from the setup dialog, the rest shall then be
"automagically" taken care of.

Second, I need to make a dialog for the selection from multiple tags,
this should look pretty much like the grep dialog, except that there is
less functionality to it. I might copy the grep dialog but I'd rather
make a new one with designer...

There is a problem with opening of include files, I may have to look at
the way Bernd solved this in gideon but I'd rather have this using
ctags also. Problem here is that KWriteDoc cuts off the current word
before a "." so that instead of "include.h" I only can get "include". I
am thinking of adding a NextWord method to KWriteDoc. Considering the
ongoing editor discussion, I will have to think of something.

I would like to give code completion another shot also, but I dont
think I will get really all that far. I'd be happy to get it for
function calls only at first. My biggest problem here really is that
the UI part of it takes a lot of time, is there someone willing to help
on this?

I have at least one more fatal crash bug, that I am trying to nail down
currently. It happens "sometimes" when in an "Edit->Search" and the MDI
stuff gets confused about "who's on top here"...

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and