Web site rewrite

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Fri Oct 20 11:21:11 UTC 2000

On Fre, 20 Okt 2000, you wrote:
> Hi Sandy,
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 11:27:40AM +0200, Sandy Meier wrote:
> > BTW: I plan to rewrite the complete homepage code so everyone
> > can add apps to the list (maybe moderated), everyone with an account can
> > add news via a webfrontend, change personal settings and so on.
>
> It's a great idea !
>
> What do you want to use for authentication ?
I think normal http authentication is not bad. If not, we can also install
ssl. :-) The normal user configuration (themes,language...) will be
session-key based and stored in a cookie.

> And what is it possible to have on the web site ?
> OpenLDAP ? MySQL ? PostgreSQL ?
At the moment we have MySQL (the list of userprogs is already in this
database), but PostgresSQL,Oracle, XML,Servlets aren't a problem.

> For the news, there is PHPNuke or DaCode that we could use to have a
> slashdot like site. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpnuke/
> http://linuxfr.org/dacode/ (sorry in french))

I thought a small news system without user comments should be enough.
www.kdevelop.org is a project homepage and not a news portal.:-) Nevertheless
if somebody have a nice idea for the new homepage just say it.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
email: smeier at kdevelop.org  ICQ: 27681958