kdevelop on red hat 6.2

Ralf Funken RFunken at KDevelop.de
Sun Aug 13 21:42:25 UTC 2000

At 13:25 13.08.00 +0200, Sandy Meier wrote:

> >Am Sat, 12 Aug 2000 schrieb Daniel G Finley:
> > Recently I upgraded my system from RedHat 6.0 to RedHat 6.2.  After
> doing so, I
> > noticed that it had broken my KDE.  Apparantly it had moved some
> libraries to a
> > directory outside of /etc/ls.so.conf.  I fixed that, but now I notice
> that the
> > kdevelop I had installed is also having problems.  It has a
> segmentation fault
> > and a core dump when I try to run it.
> >
> > Not being able to figure out what happened, I reinstalled kdevelop.  Still
> > getting the seg faults though.  I didn't see anything about this in the
> User
> > Manual or any answers in the User Forum.  Tried installing the .RPM as
> > well but got the following error:
> >
> > [root:/home/genghis/Tmp]# !rpm
> > rpm -ivh kdevelop-1.2-1.RH62.i386.rpm
> > error: failed dependencies:
> >         libqt.so.1 is needed by kdevelop-1.2-1
> > [root:/home/genghis/Tmp]#
> >
> > I have libqt.so.1 and the dir is in /etc/ld.so.conf and I have run
> > ldconfig...:
> > Have any ideas what could be going on here?
>
>Hi!
>
>Please set the correct QTDIR,KDEDIR and try to compile KDevelop yourself.
>
>Ciao!
>Sandy
>
>--
>email: smeier at kdevelop.org  ICQ: 27681958
>the KDevelop project: http://www.kdevelop.org
>offline/vacation from: 18.8.2000-4.9.2000
>
>---------Ertrus faellt nicht!------------

Hi,

as far as I can see, you needn't compile KDevelop ( Ralf, stop laughing :-)
). The problem with Red Hat 6.2 is, that it is prepared for Qt 2.x, so you
have the v2 libs and the v1 compatibilty libs on your system. By default
QTDIR points to the version 2 libs. You can change that in
/etc/profile.d/qt.sh . However, if you intend to develop for Qt 2.x or use
KDE 2 or KDevelop 2 you must  download the latest Qt libs, because the ones
that shipped with RH 6.2 are the beta versions and won't work. If you
change the file I told you, everything should work fine because I made and
tested the KDK and KDevelop RPMs on my RH 6.2 system. Should you run into
trouble after you changed it, there's probably something else missing on
your system. Maybe you didn't install the qt 1.45 libs?

Greetings,

Ralf

Ralf Funken

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

Email:
RFunken at KDevelop.de
RFunken at KDevelop.org

PGP KeyID 0x06A3652D
Key fingerprint = A3 42 AC 8C 9A 54 6E DF  3F 2C 9E AB 10 2F 9E 3D