KNewPanner problem

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Mar 18 09:40:43 UTC 1999

Hi all,

as we're taking first steps towards a dialogeditor integrated into
kdevelop, I started doing the view switching between the standard
kdevelop view and the kdlgedit view.
For that, the KDevelop view contains two KNewPanners, one separating the
view horizontally and one vertically.
As the vertical (upper) panner's child widgets have to be changed, I
created all widgets first, then hide() those that shouldn't be shown and
show() those that will be in the panner.  I deactivate() the panner and
activate(c1,c2) it again. This works for starting up KDevelop.

Now, when I change to the dialogeditor, I do a show() and hide() for the
all widgets according to what will be shown in the panner then. Then I
call deactivate() and activate(c3,c4) again to display the new widgets.
This also works as expected, just that the devider is gone. The widgets
are on the correct position the panner had it's devider before, but, as
said, the devider is gone and even the resizing cursor is missing.

The same effect is happening when switching back to the kdevelop
standard view- the panner devider is still missing.

I'm using KDE 1.1 libs and already looked for the implementation file
knewpanner.cpp, and I couldn't find a fault there, in deactivate() the
devider is deleted and newly created when calling activate(x,y), so I
think this must be some view updating problem.

Does anyone have a good idea on that ?

Bye,

Ralf Nolden
The KDevelop Team