user feedback

Michel Guitel michel.guitel at sap.ap-hop-paris.fr
Tue Dec 14 12:09:49 UTC 1999

Hello from France,

I must send you congratulations for your superb KDevelop IDE.
I am now using it as a personal development tool, as I currently
play with my PC at night (opposed to the daily routine work
that I do with Windaube as we say in french).
I had been formely developping embeddezd object-based software
with Sniff+ from Takefive Solutions. I found this commercial product
was marvelous and I still do, compared to Microsoft products.
But KDevelop is really not so far away from Sniff+.
I cannot say more because my two experiences should not be compared
(more than 3 years of industrial development on one hand and
many evenings of hobby time).

My only concern is about Gtk support in KDevelop, which is currently
not here. Everything looks good for Qt, but the unfortunate ones as I who used Gtk first
have to do it by hand. I know I could/should do it, but I am afraid not to be
available and knowledgeable enough for the task.

One more time good job !

--

Cordialement,

Michel Guitel