problem with text attachments

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 15 12:18:50 GMT 2024

hi

I've just upgraded to Plasma 6 but don't know it its related.

I created a text file from a journal log and gave it a name without an
extension (i.e. logindelay) and also tried it with an extension (i.e.
logindelay.txt).  The email identifies the attachment as Encoded 7bit and Type
Text/Plain with its size (not sure if it was a correct size) before sending
but as soon as i try to send it, the send fails.  If you look at the email in
Outbox, it has dumped the attached file contents into the email body and the
attachment is now 0 bytes and referred to as "unnamed".
If i rename the file to "logidelay.sh", it all works perfectly, it encodes it
as base64 and has a type application/x-shellscript

Anyone else seen this?

regards

Ian

openSUSE Tumbleweed 20240313
kwin 6.0.1
kmail2 6.0.0 (24.02.0) - - Kernel:  6.7.9-1-default  - kernel-firmware-radeon
20240229