Kmail identity problem - resolved

Tony Bazeley tonyb at tonyb.id.au
Sat Jan 20 05:41:06 GMT 2024

On Friday, 19 January 2024 10:50:08 PM ACDT Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Freitag, 19. Januar 2024 11:48:13 CET Ianseeks wrote:
> > On Thursday, 18 January 2024 23:01:00 GMT Tony wrote:
> > > 1) on starting a new message the From: dialogue box contains only one
> > > email
> > > address, rather than a drop down box with a choice of 4 identities
> >
> > I've got an "Identity:" label with a dropbox above the "From:" and thats
> > where i choose which email to use and it puts the correct email address in
> > the "From:"
>
> Tony, check if the "Identity" entry in the View menu is checked. It's
> possible that it's not enabled by default on a new installation.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Thanks Ingo,

I think the core problem was mistakes I'd made in setting up, but the use of
View-> All fields in the new message panel was a great help in correcting those
mistakes.

My previous installations had worked without problem, so I wasn't aware of
this facility.

I think it would be very useful if those fields were displayed by default.

Cheers
Tony