Adonadi not operational

Sid Hymes sidhymes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 02:17:57 BST 2019

Thanks for the suggestions. When I run the *correct* command (my bad!)
'akonadictl start' I get:
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[sid at hallie ~]$ org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server...
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to use database "akonadi"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-sid.i3Siz4/mysql.socket' (2) QMYSQL:
Unable to connect"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to connect to database!
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL
server through socket '/tmp/akonadi-sid.i3Siz4/mysql.socket' (2) QMYSQL:
Unable to connect"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Failed to remove runtime connection config file
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Shutting down AkonadiServer...
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application '/usr/bin/akonadiserver' exited
normally...
Searching both the Internet generally and the Fedora forums, I cannot find
a way to "force" a reinstall. (And I hope to avoid the potential problems
with a compelete KDE reinstall.) That said, the error message above
suggests to me that there's either a configuration or possibly permissions
issue at play.
Again, thank you much for your assistance with this.