any progress on kmail in debian buster?

John White john at lawquest.com
Tue Aug 20 15:54:15 BST 2019

On Monday, August 19, 2019 9:48:54 PM PDT John White wrote:
> On Monday, August 19, 2019 11:59:37 AM PDT René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday August 19 2019 11:24:39 John White wrote:
>And I still can't figure out how to mark and archive all 2018 emails into > >a
> >separate 2018 folder.  I am thinking that if I could move them to a
> >separage folder,
>
> > 1) sort by date
> > 2) select the top 2018 entry in the message list
> > 3) scroll down, find the last 2018 entry, shift-click it
> > 4) do whatever you want with the selection, but don't left-click on it ;)

Thank you.  I am not sure you are using Debian Buster or kmail 5.9.3 but your
suggestion was very helpful as it caused me to realize that I had to "expand all
groups" before highlighting the emails and then to actually read the kmail
directions for a change, where I learned that after the emails are highlighted one
types "m" to move them.

I also learned that on my 8 gig memory machine, I had to break the emails down (I
chose by month) for akonadi to work, the files being large, and even then akonadi
"closed unexpectedly" several times. As I have about 1500 emails in each 2018
month, and as the process is quite slow, I was only able to get 3 months done
tonight, but at least now I know how to do it.

Thanks again.

John