HTML status bar in KMail message pane

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 31 09:46:03 BST 2018

On Tuesday, 31 July 2018 02:12:26 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday, 30 July 2018 18:36:13 BST Ianseeks wrote:

> > mine seems to change depending if i set to prefer HTML or plain text, it
> > doesn't hide the bar, it just shows the description
>
> This is a loss of configurability: if I say I don't want to see it, I
> shouldn't be forced into seeing it anyway.

> > > Moreover, my setting "Allow messages to load external references from
> > > the Internet" now has no effect: I have to "load the external references
> > > for this message by clicking here" on every HTML message.
> >
> > I'm not sure whats happening here.  I was getting the same results as you
> > but after a lot of playing around with config options/combinations, it
> > now seems to work fine. I played around with Settings/configure
> > kmail/security and the <Folder/Message Default Format> menu options.
>
> Changing those values makes no difference here - thanks for the idea though.

did you reload kmail after changing the settings?  it took a few combinations and reloads before it started to work so i don't exactly know what made the config stick.  It still works this morning when i set "prefer HTML" via the menu with the "Load..." set.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180726
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.48.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.13.3 - kwin 5.13.3