delete of over 4500 emails taking days

Con Hennessy con.hennessy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:31:17 BST 2018

Hi,

I selected and deleted approx 4500 emails from a folder on Monday.
60 hours later, I'm still waiting for this operation to complete.

On Monday I deleted historical notification emails which are no longer
of interest to me from a Zimbra server (running cyrus ).

Since then the imap-agent has been busing processing these emails, at
the rate of 1 every 40 seconds or so it seems (the status message in
akonadiconsole changes every 40 seconds).

When I use akonadiconsole to look at the various outputs for this
agent I can see that the "Change Notification Log" has many entries
but the first is an "ItemChangeNotification" with
"QVector(Item:534264(RID:2492, RREV:, mimetype: message/rfc822, ...
operation: 4 " and has about 4500 Item entries.

The task list currently has nearly 3300 entries and of those 99% are
startConnect.

So my questions :

- is this expected behaviour ?

- can I safely abort this behaviour and resync the affected folder ?

- or is there something else I can do ?

Thanks,
CPH