MessageViewer::BlockMailTrackingUrlInterceptor::MailTrackerBlackList causes email not to be displayed

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Mon Aug 13 23:24:31 BST 2018

Hi,

> I receive email from one particular person which does not display for me in
> KMail. When I click on their email, all I see is "HTML Message" in the
> message panel and the following in the logs for kmail :
>
> QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type
> 'MessageViewer::BlockMailTrackingUrlInterceptor::MailTrackerBlackList'

this sounds like the Type was not declared for Qt via:
Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(MessageViewer::BlockMailTrackingUrlInterceptor::MailTrackerBlackList)

> https://api.kde.org/4.x-api/pim-apidocs/messagelib/messageviewer/src/html/
> blockmailtrackingurlinterceptor_8cpp_source.html

Are you really talking about a Qt4 based kmail (you see the 4.x-api in the
url)? My guess is that yu just found this via google. The current Qt5 based
messagelib is not at api.kde.org, so you have to check the current source:

https://cgit.kde.org/messagelib.git/tree/messageviewer/src/viewer/webengine/
blockmailtrackingurlinterceptor/blockmailtrackingurlinterceptor.cpp

okay in that case the source is not differently from the Qt4 times...
But this is not the only file you need to look at for solving this bug. You
may used to look at other places, where this class is actually used :
messageviewer/src/widgets/mailtrackingwarningwidget.h
messageviewer/src/widgets/mailtrackingwarningwidget.cpp
messageviewer/src/viewer/viewer_p.cpp

My recommend is to download the source via git and than you can search better
in the code.

> which made me re-read the original message content by using "View Source"
> and in the message is the url "http://t.sidekickopen24.com" .
>
> So I'm wondering:
> 1) is there a bug in the code as I'd expect to see this email but the link
> to the mailtracker to be inactive ?

There is for sure a bug :) as it should not give those messages and those are
blocking you to interact with the mailtracker to remove/add entries...

> 2) is there an option to turn this check off ?

I havn't found a way to disable...

As you already search in the code and found the right file. I think you may be
able to solve the issue by yourself and propose a patch for us. I may be wrong
and you do not understand anything I respond. Either way if you have any
questions do not hesitate to ask!

hefee