kde-pim dev needed, for a sponsored open source effort, to remove akonadi

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sun Apr 15 19:47:03 BST 2018

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 12:26 PM, Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:

> Pablo Sanchez wrote:

>> Dan and Sandro (the core devs) know what is the problem and how to fix
>> it. It will take time to fix.
>>

> could dan and sandro benefit from a hackathon this summer? i am sure that
> a suitable venue would be contributed, as well as hotel and train costs for
> any core dev who can't afford it. i've never coded in c++ or qt or plasma,
> but i would volunteer for qa and code review.

I'l let Dan and/or Sandro chime in on the above.

> [ trimmed ]
>

> as above, i hope you can find a way that the rest of us can help out.

I'll definitely keep the offer(s) in mind.  I think the quality of any
release is based on the quality of the tests.  I rather root out issues
sooner than later.  When I say I'll keep it in mind, I'm not trying to
serve up platitudes.   A good test (as you know) has to be *very* detailed
so a monkey (read as:  me!) can replicate it with minimal chatter.

Cheers,

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054