Goodbye for now, kmail

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat May 6 09:36:51 BST 2017

ianseeks - 06.05.17, 08:29:
> > This is the really annoying part: it all just works for me. I don't know
> > what I'm doing wrong, but it just works. I can't reproduce many of the
> > misbehaviors and issues that users report and without that I can't fix
> > them. Believe me that it really annoys me and that I'd much rather had the
> > most broken setup ever that I could just analyze and fix, but I guess I'm
> > just too lucky (or unlucky, depends on the point of view :-))
>
> Is there someway we can all check release levels are all consistent with
> all  the software required for KDEPIM?  It could be that all your pieces of
> software are correctly matched with each other whereas a lot of us just
> accept the upgrades and some of us may now have misaligned software
> releases

Well at least that one should be easy enough as Akonadi and KDEPIM has same
version number on each release since quite some time.

On Debian I´d try

apt list | egrep "akonadi|kmail|kdepim-runtime"

and make sure that Akonadi packages, libakonadi packages, libkf5akonadi
packages as well as kdepim-runtime (containing the Akonadi resources for
KDEPIM like IMAP or maildir resource) and kmail package are all the the same
major version, i.e. currently 16.04. But if you can I suggest you try to use a
later version, cause 16.04 is older than a year already. However for me this
one works pretty stable except for the performance related shortcomings.

Oh, BTW the folder has still not been moved.

Ciao,
--
Martin