"Dead" emails.

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sat Oct 15 16:11:11 BST 2016

Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2016, 15:39:32 CEST schrieb Thomas Tanghus:
> For months I've had a weird problem with Akonadi, that I for misc. versions
> only report now - I've been using the phone instead...
>
> When I delete a message it reappears after a little while and a little while
> later it turns gray. Then when clicking on it nothing happens, neither with
> LMB or RMB.
>
> I've tried to run akonadictl fsck, akonadictl vacuum and to delete the
> resource and recreate it, but to no avail.
>
> BTW it's an IMAP account.
>
> I use Kubuntu 15.10 and akonadi-backend-mysql is version 4.15.12.3.

I assume you use KMail.

I've had the same problem with those not-quite-deleted mails. They are mails
which have been marked "deleted" in an IMAP server, but haven't been expunged.
You can work around the problem by turning this on:

Settings -> Configure KMail -> Accounts -> (your IMAP account) -> Modify ->
Advanced -> Compress folders automatically

Bye
V.W.